Hammer-IMS is a young and innovative spin-off company of the MICAS research group at the KU Leuven. Hammer-IMS supplies highly accurate and contactless measurement systems based on the Marveloc 602 measurement platform. Typical applications are thickness and/or basis weight monitoring of plastic, paper, foams, non-wovens during production. The market for these kind of monitoring applications is currently dominated by nuclear and single point sensing techniques. The Hammer-IMS Marveloc 602 measurement platform is a sustainable and cheaper alternative to these harmful technologies. On top of that, it enables multipoint quality tracking in a very efficient and cost-effective way. Hammer-IMS was founded in the beginning of 2016 and is in search for people to broaden and strengthen its team.
- Adapting, improving or broaden the electronic (including RF) platform;
- Think about new electronic system architectures.
- Improvement of the Marveloc 602 measurement platform in terms of performance and cost. The focus will be on the electronic platform;
- Development of demonstration and test-setup kit.
- Master or broad experience in electronic engineering. Knowledge about RF system and board design as well as finite element simulation of RF circuits is required;
- Hands-on and flexible;
- Prepared to work in a young and passionate team;
- Knowledge about programming is an advantage;
- Insights in mechanics and test setup construction is an advantage;
- Experience in machine-building industry or machine-development is an advantage.
What we offer
We offer a job in an ambitious start-up. You will not only be a valuable employee of the company, but you will also build on the company from the early beginning together with the other Hammer-IMS team members. It is a challenging job with many opportunities towards the future as the company has a clear vision on growth. Flexible working hours and a flexible and exciting job content will be the result of working in this young company.